On August 16, we conducted our Annual Meeting at the Galveston Country Club.
We celebrated a broad range of accomplishments for the year 2013/2014, including the following:
- Doubled our membership
- Launched a Facebook page; re-vamped the website; and reintroduced our newsletter
- Hosted our fifth annual Fun Run in January, with more that 160 participants and volunteers
- Hosted our first annual Beach and Bay Day, a resounding success that attracted more than 500 visitors to the Park, along with 80 volunteers
- Hosted our thirteenth annual Camp Wild, with 59 campers and a lot of exciting, new activities
- Created a new look-and-feel for the Nature Learning Center
- Continued the popular beach and bay explorations, kayak adventures and field trips
- Continued to grow plants to help restore the Park’s ecosystems
- Donated money to the Park for a range of projects
We thanked a number of volunteers for their exemplary service — most notably Nathan Veatch — and welcomed three new board members: Rhonda Marshall, Jo Monday and Charli Rohack.